750 gr of minced turkey
900 gr of tinned tomatoes
1 beef stock cube
1 chopped onion
1 garlic clove
1 tbsp of tomato purée
1 red or green or yellow pepper
1 can of kidney beans
(Spice quantity is up to you – I put quite a lot in)
2 tsp Ground cumin
3 tsp Ground coriander
3tsp Ground paprika
3tsp Ground cayenne pepper
Fresh coriander to garnish.
SLOW COOKER OPTION
- If you have a slow cooked, add onion and garlic to the bottom.
- Brown mince and then add to the onions and garlic.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and put in the stock cube.
- Add the tomato purée and spices.
- Put on high overnight to cook.
- Turn it off in the morning but add the mushrooms, the peppers and kidney beans.
- Taste before serving and add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Garnish with coriander and enjoy we had it with quinoa, guacamole, jalapenos, fresh tomatoes, greek yogurt, more coriander and if you wish a little grated cheese J
- Add a little oil (olive or coconut) to the saucepan.
- Cook onions and garlic until soft.
- Add mince and cook until browned.
- Follow steps 3 & 4 from above.
- Let it simmer for a couple of hours and turn off.
- Add the mushrooms, the peppers and kidney beans in the morning.
- Before serving, heat it up and salt and pepper to your liking.
- Follow step 8 above.