I love colourful foods and so I thought I would make some beetroot hummus to go with my grilled marinated chicken. It is the perfect accompaniment to a BBQ or use it as a Summer starter with freshly cut vegetables.
- 1 small cooked beet – I used the Coop one
- 1 can cooked chickpeas, mostly drained
- Juice of one lemon
- Healthy pinch salt and black pepper
- 1 large cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 5 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Chopped coriander (optional)
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Put all the ingredients in a NutriBullet and blitz away until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- Sprinkle the coriander and the sesame seeds on top.