Following from my oyster starter for Migros, I have kept the seafood theme up with this delicious risotto. You can prepare this a litte in advance, giving you extra time to hang out with your guests.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 350g risotto rice, such as Arborio
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1½ l boiling vegetable stock
- 200g pack smoked salmon, three-quarters chopped
- 100g of creamy Quark
- 3 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- grated lemon zest, plus squeeze of juice
- handful rocket
- Fry the onion for 5 minutes in the oil.
- Add the rice and garlic and cook for 2 minutes, constantly stirring.
- Pour 1/3 of the stock and set the timer to 20 minutes.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally until the stock is absorbed, then add half of the remaining stock and continue cooking, stirring a little more often until it is absorbed.
- Pour in the last stock, stir, cook until cooked and smooth, then simmer. Remove it from the heat and add the salmon, quark, parsley and zest of lemon.
- Grind some black pepper, but don’t add salt as the salmon are going to be salty. Leave to relax for 5 minutes, then try a little lemon juice, if you like.
- Serve with reserved (roughly torn) salmon and some rocket on top.