Summer may be gone but it does not mean that it is the end of the salads! This colourful Autumn salad is something to get excited about. The sweetness of the fresh figs paired with the warm roasted squash and the saltiness of the goats cheese or feta is a wonderful combination.
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon of mustard (wholegrain or other) – OPTIONAL
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- A pinch of sea salt
- 400g of butternut squash, cubed
- 6 fresh figs, cut in halves
- 120g of mixed green lettuces
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 handful chopped cranberries
- 4 tablespoons of toasted pine nuts
- 150g of cooked chicken pieces (OPTIONAL)
- Goats cheese / feta (OPTIONAL)
- Coriander leaves (garnish)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius
- Place squash in a baking dish and toss together with oil and salt
- Roast for 40 minutes, stirring the cubes of squash halfway through. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool
- Combine all the ingredients for the salad dressing in a bowl and whisk it up.
- Place the lettuce leaves, onion slices, chicken and feta in a bowl.
- Add the cubes of squash to the other ingredients and place the figs over the squash so that they do not get squashed
- Sprinkle the cranberries and pine nuts over the top and garnish with the coriander leaves
- Allow each individual to add their own dressing.
2 thoughts on “Fresh Fig & Roasted Butternut Squash Salad”
Ça l’air délicieux 😻!
Merci beaucoup !!