Can’t you just smell all those wonderful Arabic spices through these beautiful dishes?
Here is a lovely collection of Arabic recipes which we discovered at a FoodHack event. This particular event was a cooking class in collaboration with the RCMA foundation and run by Samia. She welcomed us all with open arms and her students, originating from Iraq, Palestine and Syria were able to share their stories with us which touched all of us in the room. I shared this moment with Lili from Nawai li and she has provided all the photos for these recipes.
We are focusing on vegan versions of all the recipes that we made as Lili is a vegetarian, concentrating on vegan cuisine too and I have recently started to learn a bit more about vegan cooking.
We would like to share our Hummus, Fattoush salad and Moutabel with you today.
- 1 organic salad
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tbsp mint fresh mint
- 1 tsp chopped fresh coriander
- 4 organic radishes
- 2 fresh onion
- 1 organic cucumber
- 4 organic tomatoes
- 1/2 red pepper
- 2 Lebanese breads
- 60ml of olive oil
- 20ml of cider vinegar
- 5 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 pomegranate
- 1 tsp whole cane sugar
- Wash and cut the salad leaves.
- Finely chop the herbs.
- Cut the radishes, onions, cucumber, tomatoes and peppers into small cube.
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a frying pan, add enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan in thick layer. Cut the Lebanese bread into a square (3x3cm) and fry in oil until golden brown.
- Place them on some kitchen roll (in order to soak up the extra oil) and wait until they cool before adding them the salad.
- Make the sauce by mixing all the ingredients in a shaker.