I was inspired by The Yoga Kitchen for this recipe, I just adapted it to what I had in the kitchen, which in fairness is just missing a couple of the original ingredients. Feel free to experiment with various types of toppings ! I really enjoy the texture of this cookies plus they do not contain any gluten, lactose and they are refined sugar free.
- 230g ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 85g maple syrup
- 220g tahini paste
- raw pistachios, cacao nibs, dark chocolate chips, cranberries to decorate (pick your favourites)
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl and add the maple syrup and salt. Mix well !
- Add the ground almonds to the wet mixture and mix until it forms a soft dough ball.
- Use your hands to roll evenly sized balls and place them on the baking tray, ensuring there is enough space between them all.
- With the back of a teaspoon, add a little dip in the middle and sprinkle your chosen toppings on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly brown round the edges. They should still be a little soft when you remove them from the oven.
- Wait for them to cool down before enjoying them!