If you love spicy food then Shakshuka is for you! These baked eggs are so easy to make and are ideal for brunch, especially when served with pitas, sourdough bread or even toast.
- 800 g of fresh or canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 chopped peppers (red or orange)
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp of paprika or smoked paprika
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 bunch of roughly chopped coriander
- 1/2 spring onion roughly chopped
- 85 gr of crumbled feta (optional)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a teaspoon or two of olive oil in a deep pan on a medium heat
- Place the peppers and onion in the pan and let them cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic, paprika, cayenne pepper, cumin and a sprinkle of salt. Let it cook a further 5 minutes, stirring regularly
- Add the tomatoes, stir once again and let it simmer for approximately 10 minutes, stirring regularly
- Crack each egg into the pan. Add the crumbled feta at this stage and turn the heat down to low
- Let the shakshuka simmer for 7-10 minutes.
- Before serving, sprinkle the chopped onion and coriander over the top and season with a little salt and pepper
9 thoughts on “Shakshuka”
Definitely trying this one, looks delicious!
A one pan dishes are always the best. I really love this recipe, so quick and tasty! Hope you enjoy it.
These sounds fantastic! A great ideas for my girls too, maybe not too spicy… but they love eggs and they will have their veggies too!
Yes! it is perfect for everyone 🙂
Cela semble délicieux!
Merci pour l’inspiration 🙂
Salut! J’espère que tu vas bien apprécier ce petit plat! Bon app x
Testé et approuvé par toute la famille 🙂
Ah super !! Quelle bonne nouvelle, merci pour ce retour et très belle journée à toi Virginie. xx