This salad is simply ideal during the Summer months! Light and bursting with those sweet and savoury flavours, you will be wanting to make it over and over again.
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of mustard (wholegrain or other) – OPTIONAL
- A pinch of sea salt
For the salad:
- 4 ripe but firm peaches
- 120g of rocket
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 handful of fresh blueberries
- 3 teaspoons of toasted pine nuts
- Goats cheese / feta / blue cheese (OPTIONAL)
- Combine all the ingredients for the salad dressing in a bowl and whisk it up.
- Slice the peaches in half, remove the stones and then slice again to create smaller wedges.
- Brush the slices with a little olive oil and place on a very hot grill pan or BBQ.
- Grill for about 3-5 minutes on each side or until the peaches have softened.
- Place the rocket on a plate, add the slices of red onion and scatter the blueberries and peach slices.
- Add the cheese if you wish and finish with the toasted pine nuts.
- Allow each individual to add their own dressing.