I am currently having to follow quite a strict diet due to gut related issues and therefore, a high fats and protein start to the day is ideal. Avocado, eggs along with some ham, turkey slices or smoked salmon is what I am currently eating. Lucky for me, I absolutely love this combination and there are so many ways you can eat these three ingredients. This recipes is ideal for people following a low fodmap diet.
- 1-2 avocados
- 2-4 eggs
- Salt & Pepper
- Optional – a pinch of Meal WizMeal Smokey Sweet Chilli Seasoning
- Chopped herbs (coriander, parsley, basil)
- Grilled bacon pieces
- Chopped sundried tomatoes & feta
- Fresh chopped tomatoes, red onion and goats cheese
Feel free to add your own!
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Cut the avocados in two and remove the stones.
- Carve out the centre of the avocados to ensure there is enough space for a full egg.
- Take the avocado halves and place them in an ovenproof dish, make sure they are stable if not the egg will spill out.
- Crack and egg into each avocado half. Don’t worry if a little spills out.
- Season with salt and pepper and the smokey seasoning, then place in the oven to bake for approx. 15 mins or until the egg white is cooked and yolk still soft.