Winter Wonderland Salad
- 1/2 medium squash 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 packet of baby spinach leaves
- 4 tbsp of dried cranberries
- 5-6 crushed pecans
- Salt & pepper
Dressing – Maple Balsamic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of organic maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius. Remove the skin and then cut into cubes.
- Drizzle the squash with a generous tablespoon of olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt. Bake for about 30 minutes or until the squash is tender and golden, stirring the cubes halfway.
- In a pan over a medium heat, lightly toast the pecans for about 5 minutes or until they are slightly darker in colour.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup and Dijon mustard with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Let the squash cool down and then combine the spinach, cranberries, pecans, crumbled feta and squash in a serving bowl.
- Toss with enough dressing to lightly coat the leaves. Serve immediately.