This post is also available in: Français (French)
Autumn is finally amongst us and yes even before the temperatures dropped, Starbucks had their #PSL aka Pumpkin Spice Latte out in celebration. I decided that this year, I would try to make my own, healthier version of this famous beverage. I’ve tried to make this as healthy as possible and as simple as possible too ! Let me know what you think below…
Makes 2 PSL
- 2 tbsp of pumpkin purée ( I used the organic Coop one)
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- 500mls of milk of your choice ( I used Oat milk)
- 1 pinch of salt
- Pumpkin spice mix (1 tsp of cinnamon, 1/2 tsp of ginger, 1/2 of ground nutmeg, 1/2 tsp of vanilla)
- 2 shot of hot espresso using The GoodLife Coffee Dark Roast Blend or just make a pot of strong coffee **
** 66 grams of grounded coffee beans for 850 ML of boiling water finely ground infused for 4 minutes for a strong French press
- Extra cinnamon
- In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk together milk, pumpkin, maple syrup, spice, salt and vanilla.
- Keep stirring until the mixture is nicely warmed.
- If you have a frother, add some extra milk so that you can create that foamy top.
- Pour hot espresso or coffee into a mug, then top with pumpkin-spice milk.
- Top with the foam and a little extra sprinkle of cinnamon.
(Visited 5 times, 1 visits today)