Thai Salmon & Coconut Soup
The perfect soup (even if you aren’t a fan of soups !) It is zesty, spicy and full of those Thai flavours. My favourite quick meal to make on a weekday when I feel like mixing it up.
Inspired by mum who got the recipe from a good friend of hers.
- 1 clove of garlic chopped
- Red or yellow pepper sliced
- 1-2 fillets of salmon (depending on how hungry you are)
- 400 gr of prawns (raw or cooked)
- 1 can 400 mls of coconut milk
- 2 teaspoon of red Thai curry paste
- 1 tablespoon of minced ginger
- 1 lemongrass stalk cut in two
- 500 mls of chicken stock
- 1 packet of bean sprouts
- 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon of fish sauce (optional)
- Heat up a little oil in a saucepan on a medium heat then add the garlic, ginger, lemongrass and curry paste and cook for a minute.
- Next add the chicken stock whilst stirring and let it combine for a few minutes. Taste and see if fish sauce is needed,
- Add the coconut milk, peppers, salmon and prawns.
- Let is simmer until the prawns and salmon are cooked through and then add the bean sprouts and cover for a couple of minutes.
- Remove it from the stove and squeeze in some lime juice.
- Serve it into bowls and garnish with coriander for the final touch