This post is also available in: Français (French)
One day, when I saw that I had a large sweet potato sitting around, I decided I would make a cake attempt. After taking a look at various recipes, I saw that there were recipes with way too many ingredients. I wanted to make a chocolate cake which was simple and delicious yet still a little bit healthy. This cake has been approved by my CrossFit friends so I hope you enjoy it too !
- 1 Large sweet potato (approx. 350g of roasted sweet potato)
- 2 eggs
- 100g of rice flour
- 50g of cornstarch
- 30g of almond flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 3 tbsp of honey or maple syrup
- 3 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 handful of dark chocolate chips
- 150g of 2% greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp of light Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1-2 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 1 – 2 tbsp of maple syrup
- Cacao nibs (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius and then place the sweet potato and roast for 30-40 mins until soft.
- Scoop out the sweet potato and place it in a bowl to cool. Leave the oven on.
- Mix the sweet potato, vanilla, honey and eggs together.
- Add the dry ingredients (flour, cornstarch, almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder salt and chocolate chips).
- Put the cake mix in a tin and bake for 15 mins.
- Whilst the cake is in the oven, mix all the frosting ingredients except for the cacao nibs and set aside.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool.
- Once cool, add the frosting on top and sprinkle with the cacao nibs.
- Dig in !!