For breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner, this dish is made to be versatile to suit all hours of the day. Get creative with your toppings!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- ½ a white onion chopped
- 2 tsp of smoked paprika
- 2 tsp of Mealwiz Moroccan Spice
- 1 egg
- 2-4 tbsp of gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- olive oil for frying
- Grilled halloumi
- Poached egg
- Smoked salmon
- Roasted vegetables
- Grilled tofu
- Wash and peel sweet potatoes, then shred them with a cheese grater. Place the sweet potatoes in a cloth and squeeze the remaining water.
- Place the mix in a bowl and add the chopped onion, spices, egg, salt, pepper and then the flour.
- Mix everything well.
- Form 4 evenly sized hashbrowns with the mix.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil or coconut oil to a frying pan and heat on medium.
- Once the oil is hot enough (test by dropping a little bit of sweet potato to see if it sizzles) then place the hashbrowns in the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, then flip and cook for 2 more. You may need to vary the cooking time. Remove them from the heat when they are golden to medium brown and crispy is what you’re going for.
- Place the hashbrowns on a paper towel to soak up any extra grease.
- Add as many or as little toppings as you wish!
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)