When thinking about what I could make as a delicious yet simple recipe and maximising seasonal and local products, I decided to use tomatoes as they were in season and Aline showed me some delicious round aubergines which are locally grown. All this paired with a little lemon olive oil, really brings the dish alive.
- 1 packet of rosemary tagliatelle
- 200g of mixed tomatoes (I used cherry, ….
- ½ round aubergine
- 2 fresh garlic cloves
- 1 shallot
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Cut the aubergine into slices and sprinkle with a little salt then put aside. The salt brings out the moisture in the aubergine.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C, slice the cherry tomatoes in two and the other tomatoes in smaller slices. Chop the shallot and garlic and mix in with the tomatoes.
- Take the aubergine slices and slice them into cubes. Place all the vegetables on a baking tray, season and add a spoonful of olive oil.
- Heat up a saucepan of water.
- Bake for approx. 30 mins until the vegetables are soft.
- 5 minutes before the end of the vegetables, add the pasta to the boiling water.
- Remove the pasta from the water.
- Put the pasta on two plates and then add the roasted vegetables on top, drizzle a little lemon olive oil over the top.
- Decorate with a sprig of rosemary.