This post is also available in: Français (French)
There is nothing better than enjoying a steaming bowl of comforting porridge on a cold Winter’s morning. I love this version with roasted pears as the soft sweet texture of the pear in contrast with the Mani’s dried fruit and nut topping makes for the perfect delicate and crunchy balance. Feel free to add you own toppings or try out different fruit. I bet using caramelised apples or banana slices would be also be two delicious alternatives!
• 1/2 ripe pear
• 50g of porridge oats
• 200ml milk
• 1 tsp of cinnamon
• 1 tbsp of maple syrup
• 1 handful of frozen raspberries (optional)
• ½ packet of Mani snacks
1. Preheat oven to 180c, fan.
2. Take half your pear and place it face down on a baking tray. Roast it in the oven for 15-20mins until it has slightly softened.
3. Once your pear is cooked through, turn the oven off and leave it in there. 4. Take a saucepan, place your oats and milk inside and cook over a medium heat.
5. The porridge should be ready after 5 mins, stir in the cinnamon and maple syrup.
6. Place the porridge in a bowl, add your pear and raspberries and sprinkle over your Mani Snacks for that added morning boost.
7. Enjoy !