Pumpkin Spiced Frozen Yoghurt
We all know my obsession with squash and pumpkin as well as my love for ice cream and frozen yoghurt… so why not combine both? Last weekend, I decided to make a pumpkin spiced frozen yoghurt with maple caramelised pecans and topped it off with some of Jenny’s Granola.
I am sure you are all going to love this healthy little recipe.
- 500g 2% Fage Total Greek Yogurt
- 250g of pureed pumpkin or squash
- 6 tablespoon of maple syrup ( You could use honey, molasses, date syrup) Feel free to adjust the sweetness to suit your taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Jenny’s Granola (Les Granolas de Jenny)
- Pinch of salt
Maple caramelised pecans (optional)
- 200g of lightly crushed pecans
- 2 tablespoon of maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Combine all the ingredients for the frozen yoghurt in a bowl.
- Adjust the sweetness and spices to suit your taste.
- Then transfer the mix into a Tupperware or even a baking tin and then place it in the freezer for approx 2 hours.
- Remove it from the freezer, stir it all up one more time and place it back into the freezer until frozen
- For the caramelised pecans, place the crushed pecans in a frying pan on a medium heat until they are slightly golden.
- Add the maple syrup and wait for it to bubble, remove it from the heat, add the salt and stir the pecans one last time.
- Place the caramelised pecans on a baking sheet and wait for them to cool down and harden.
- Take your frozen yoghurt from the freezer, let it sit for 15-20 mins until you are able to use an ice cream scoop.
- Place a couple scoops in a bowl, add some pecans and top it off with a sprinkle Jenny’s Granola for that additional crunch (optional.)