We all know my obsession with squash and pumpkin as well as my love for ice cream and frozen yoghurt… so why not combine both? Last weekend, I decided to make a pumpkin spiced frozen yoghurt with maple caramelised pecans and topped it off with some of Jenny’s Granola.
I am sure you are all going to love this healthy little recipe.
- 500g 2% Fage Total Greek Yogurt
- 250g of pureed pumpkin or squash
- 6 tablespoon of maple syrup ( You could use honey, molasses, date syrup) Feel free to adjust the sweetness to suit your taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Jenny’s Granola (Les Granolas de Jenny)
- Pinch of salt
Maple caramelised pecans (optional)
- 200g of lightly crushed pecans
- 2 tablespoon of maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Combine all the ingredients for the frozen yoghurt in a bowl.
- Adjust the sweetness and spices to suit your taste.
- Then transfer the mix into a Tupperware or even a baking tin and then place it in the freezer for approx 2 hours.
- Remove it from the freezer, stir it all up one more time and place it back into the freezer until frozen
- For the caramelised pecans, place the crushed pecans in a frying pan on a medium heat until they are slightly golden.
- Add the maple syrup and wait for it to bubble, remove it from the heat, add the salt and stir the pecans one last time.
- Place the caramelised pecans on a baking sheet and wait for them to cool down and harden.
- Take your frozen yoghurt from the freezer, let it sit for 15-20 mins until you are able to use an ice cream scoop.
- Place a couple scoops in a bowl, add some pecans and top it off with a sprinkle Jenny’s Granola for that additional crunch (optional.)
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)