This pumpkin spiced bread is based on Amy’s Healthy Baking recipe and it was so easy to make. It tastes absolutely delicious. This loaf is perfect at any time of the day.
Makes: 1 loaf
- (240g) whole wheat flour (measured correctly)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp salt
- 14g coconut oil or unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- (244g) pumpkin purée
- 60 g plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 50ml pure maple syrup/honey
- 60ml nonfat milk
- 2 tbsp Mixed seeds and cranberries to sprinkle on top
- Preheat the oven to 176°C, and coat a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, egg whites, and vanilla.
- Stir in the pumpkin purée and Greek yogurt, mixing until no large lumps remain.
- Stir in the maple syrup.
- Alternate between adding the flour mixture and milk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture, and stirring just until incorporated. (For best results, add the flour mixture in 3 equal parts.)
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan, and gently press the remaining chocolate chips into the top of the batter. Bake at 176°C for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before carefully transferring onto a wire rack.
(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)