This post is also available in: Français (French)
I love a good prawn curry especially with coconut milk and paired with some delicious rice noodles. It makes for a really easy midweek meal for you and your friends or family. If you are feeling ambitious, then why not make your own curry paste, but if you are in a hurry, then do what I did and used store-bought curry paste.
Hope you enjoy my recipe! xx
- 2 tablespoons olive or coconut oil
- 400-500g of raw peeled and deveined prawns
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red or orange pepper, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 1 tsp of freshly minced ginger
- 1 can of light coconut milk (or regular)
- 3 tbsp of curry paste
- 2/3 portions of rice noodles (follow the packet instructions)
- Sliced red onion (optional)
- Chopped coriander (optional)
- 1 wedge of lime (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large frying pan over medium heat and add 1 tablespoons of oil.
- Add the prawns and cook until pink on both sides, season and set aside.
- Take out a saucepan and add another tablespoon of oil on a medium heat.
- Fry the shallot and garlic first for approx. 5 mins then add the carrot and peppers until they have started the soften slightly.
- Add the ginger, fry it off with the rest of the vegetables.
- Add the curry paste, mix well then quickly add the coconut milk and stir everything together.
- Add a little water if you feel that you need a little extra liquid.
- Leave all the ingredients to simmer on a medium heat for 5-8 minutes or until the vegetables are soft but not mushy.
- Add the celery and leave for a further 2 minutes.
- To serve, place a handful of rice noodles in a bowl and cover with the coconut curry. Add the prawns on top followed by the coriander, sliced red onions and the wedge of lime.