Porridge is a great staple in my diet as it is cheap to make and it is very filling! It makes for a great pre or post-workout meal! You can add as many toppings as you would like, make it with water, milk, almond milk etc Just mix and match to create amazing combinations.
- 60 gr of oats (you may add more or less depending on how much you want to eat)
- 1 scoop of whey protein (optional)
- 200 mls of almond milk or water
- 2 tsp honey or maple syrup or agave
- Grilled banana slices
- Handful of berries
- Chopped nuts
- Goji berries
- Chia seeds
- Peanut butter
- Over a medium heat put the water or milk in a saucepan and add the oats.
- Let it simmer until the oats have cooked through
- Place the cooked oats in a bowl.
- Stir in the honey or sweetener
- Add a scoop of protein if you wish to make “proats”(protein oats)
- Add as many or as little toppings as possible.