Can’t you just smell all those wonderful Arabic spices through these beautiful dishes?
Here is a lovely collection of Arabic recipes which we discovered at a FoodHack event. This particular event was a cooking class in collaboration with the RCMA foundation and run by Samia. She welcomed us all with open arms and her students, originating from Iraq, Palestine and Syria were able to share their stories with us which touched all of us in the room. I spent a wonderful evening alongside Lili from Nawai li and she has provided all the photos for these recipes.
We are focusing on vegan versions of all the recipes that we made as Lili is a vegetarian, concentrating on vegan cuisine too and I have recently started to learn a bit more about vegan cooking.
We would like to share our Hummus, Fattoush salad and Moutabel with you today.
- 300g of aubergines (eggplant)
- 3 tbsp of tahini
- 1 tsp of soy yogurt
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 Lemon BIO
- A few leaves of parsley
- Olive oil
- Lebanese bread
- Preheat the top rack of the oven to 250 C.
- Prick the aubergines with a knife before putting them on a baking sheet (near the grill).
- Turn the aubergine over during cooking, ready when the skin is completely roasted and ready to be peeled.
- Immerse the aubergine (even still hot) in a large bowl of cold water. Allow to cool and peel.
- Blitz the garlic (without the germ), the tahini, the yoghurt, the lemon and the salt in a bowl (or the blender).
- Use a fork to break down the aubergine in a bowl so that we can keep a little texture to the dish.
- Add the ingredients from the blender to the aubergines.
- Mix together and decorate with a small chopped tomato and a drizzle of olive oil.
Enjoy it with Lebanese bread, bon appetit!