This post is also available in: Français (French)
These are just so delicious ! I sincerely can’t get enough of how gooey and yummy these cinnamon rolls are.
Makes 10-12 rolls
For the Dough:
240 ml warm milk
2 1/4 tsp packet instant yeast
2 large eggs, at room temperature
5 tbsp. butter, softened
560 g plain flour
2 tsp. salt
100 g sugar
For the filling:
120g unsalted butter, softened
60 mls pure maple syrup – I used Happy Maple
50g granulated sugar
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
2-3 handful of chopped pecans
For the icing:
180g icing sugar
2 Tablespoons milk
For the dough:
- Warm the milk in the microwave and add the yeast and sugar. Let it sit until the yeast is foamy, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add the eggs to the milk mix.
- On a low speed, add the butter and the milk mix to the bowl whilst gradually adding the flour. Once it is all added, beat on medium speed until a soft dough forms. Increase speed to medium-high and beat until the dough is soft and supple, about 6 minutes longer. *If you do not have a mixer with a hook attachment, knead the dough by hand in this step.
- Remove the dough from the mixer and knead it a further 1 minute. Form the dough into a ball and transfer it to a lightly greased bowl. Cover the dough with a towel and let sit in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 to 2 hours.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a baking dish. Turn the risen dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and using a rolling pin, roll into a rectangle. Make sure the dough is even.
For the filling:
- Using a spoon, mix all the butter, sugar, cinnamon, and maple syrup in a bowl.
- Spread the mixture all over the dough. Sprinkle the pecans evenly across the dough. Tightly roll up the dough to form a log.
- Cut into 12 even rolls. Arrange them in the prepared baking pan, cut sides up.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Bake on the bottom of the oven for about 25 minutes, until they are golden brown. About halfway through the bake time, cover the baking dish with aluminum to prevent the rolls from getting too dark.
Make the icing:
- Mix all the ingredients and if you notice the icing is too thin, add more icing sugar. If it is too thick then add a drop of milk. Pour over the warm rolls