Lemon Baked Cod With A Side Of Roasted Beetroot, Squash And Tomatoes Topped With Feta
I love fish and this midweek dinner is perfect as you put everything in the oven and you can get on with other tasks until your meal is ready. I hope you enjoy these flavour combinations as much as I do.
- 400-500g of cod
- ½ lemon
- 2 tsp of meal wiz lemon & pepper seasoning (as an alternative use the rind of a lemon and combine with 1 tsp of garlic powder and onion powder)
- 1 raw organic beetroot
- ½ medium organic squash
- 150g of organic cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 50g of crumbled feta
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Coriander (optional)
- Balsamic glaze (optional)
Best served wild rice, basmatic rice, long grain rice.
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Peel the beetroot and chop into even sized cubes (wear gloves if you are afraid of staining your hands)
- Peel the squash and do the same as with the beetroot.
- Place both the cherry tomatoes still on the vine, the squash and beetroot on a baking tray and pour olive oil over the top (1-2 tbsp), ensuring every pieces is coated with a thin layer. Season with salt and pepper and bake for approx. 30 mins or until the vegetables are nicely roasted, soft and caramelized.
- As your vegetables are baking, take the cod and place both pieces in an ovenproof dish, season with the mealwiz spices or use the alternative option which I provided above. Slice up the lemon and place over the top of the fish. Season with salt and pepper and add a touch of olive oil on top too.
- Halfway through cooking your vegetables, place the cod in the oven and bake for approximately 15 mins or until the fish is cooked through yet remains flaky.
- Once both the vegetables and the fish is cooked, remove both dishes from the oven.
- Divide the vegetables and the fish onto two plates.
- Sprinkle the feta over the top of the squash and beetroot, add a little bit of balsamic glaze over the tomatoes and serve with rice.
- Add chopped coriander over the entire dish if you wish.