This salad is simply ideal during the Summer months! Light and bursting with those sweet and savoury flavours, you will be wanting to make it over and over again.
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of mustard (wholegrain or other) – OPTIONAL
- A pinch of sea salt
- 4 ripe but firm peaches
- 120g of rocket
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 handful of fresh blueberries
- 3 teaspoons of toasted pine nuts
- Goats cheese / feta / blue cheese (OPTIONAL)
- Combine all the ingredients for the salad dressing in a bowl and whisk it up.
- Slice the peaches in half, remove the stones and then slice again to create smaller wedges.
- Brush the slices with a little olive oil and place on a very hot grill pan or BBQ.
- Grill for about 3-5 minutes on each side or until the peaches have softened.
- Place the rocket on a plate, add the slices of red onion and scatter the blueberries and peach slices.
- Add the cheese if you wish and finish with the toasted pine nuts.
- Allow each individual to add their own dressing.