Butternut Squash Hummus
WARNING: This hummus is VERY addictive. The sweetness of the roasted butternut squash combined with the cumin, cinnamon and lemon juice is simply heavenly. The entire bowl was devoured in minutes !
Serves 1 bowl
- 140g of cubed butternut squash
- 2 tbsp of tahini
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 tsp of cumin
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- 130 g of chickpeas
- 5 tbsp of chickpea juice
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Smoked paprika (optional)
- Toasted pine nuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius and place the rack in the middle of the oven.
- Put the cubed butternut squash on a baking tray and add a drizzle of olive oil, salt, pepper and the garlic clove.
- Place in the oven for approx. 20 mins or until browned around the edges.
- Place the roasted squash, garlic clove, tahini, lemon juice, cumin, cinnamon, chickpeas and a little bit of the chickpea juice in a blender.
- Blitz the hummus and add a little more chickpea juice until you have a smooth consistency. Finish by stirring in the olive oil and add more salt and pepper if necessary.
- When serving the hummus, decorate with smoked paprika, herbs or toasted pine nuts.